What is Ancestry DNA Activate?
Ancestry.com/activate LLC is a privately held online company based in Lehi, Utah. The largest for-profit genealogy company in the world, it operates a network of genealogical, historical record and genetic genealogy websites. To activate Ancestry you need to login Ancestry account from its official website and provide Ancestry 15 digit product key.
Autosomal DNA tests survey DNA inherited from autosomal chromosomes, chromosomes that do not determine sex. Autosomal testing allows you to find family across all lines in your family tree. That means both men and women can take the test, and the results are not limited to just the direct maternal or paternal lines.
How to Activate Ancestrydna Test?
- Activate AncestryDNA test is the first step in getting your kit processed, Firstly sign into your ancestry DNA account, it is the account that can access to your DNA results, it is free and will only take a few minutes.
- After signing in, select whether the test is for you or your minor child, only one test can be activated per account.
- Children under 18 can be added to a parent’s account. Review the terms and conditions, then check the box to accept.
- Then click next, find the 15 character alphanumeric ancestry dna activation code on the collection tube, type in the code.
- Click next, add a few simple details about the person who is taking the test.
- Then click next, read the informed consent before deciding to participate in research.
- Select if you gave consent to participate in research, select your display preferences and click Next.
- Review your information & click on activate kit.
- Now the lab will be ready to process your kit as soon as it’s received.
What Is Ancestry DNA Activation Code?
Activate an Ancestry DNA kit by visiting the ancestrydna.com/activate website and logging into your account.
At the top of the page, click on the button labeled DNA to go to the ancestry DNA page. From the top of the Ancestry DNA page, choose the option labeled Activate a Kit. On the activation page, enter the 15-digit code found on the sample tube included with the kit.
On the activation page, enter the 15-digit code found on the sample tube included with the kit. Click the Next button, and follow the onscreen prompts.
The Ancestry DNA kit includes a sample tube for saliva collection. A unique identification number on the sample tube is used to activate the DNA kit online.
Type in the 15-digit activation code from the sample tube and click on the Next button. On the following page, answer a few questions about your name, age and ethnicity. Select the Activate button to activate the test. You can expect to receive email confirmation of the activation.
The laboratory analysis takes between six and eight weeks to complete, and the results are available only through the Ancestry system. You are sent an email notification that the results are available. The test includes access to the DNA database.
List of Best Ancestry DNA Tests
- Rare Genes From History
- 23AndMe Personal Genetic Service
- My Heritage DNA Kit
- DNA Consultants Premium Male
- Vitagene Ancestry
- Rapid DNA Testing Paternity Kit
- AncestryDNA Kit
- 23AndMe Health + Ancestry Service
1. Rare Genes From History:
It provides a very quick turnaround of results, along with background to your data, however, it's not as detailed as other options.
2. 23AndMe Personal Genetic Service:
The people behind providing the personal genetic service keep you updated every step of the process, so you never stuck wondering what's going on, completing and returning, it is easy. This report includes a regional breakdown, but results can take a long time to come.
3. My Heritage DNA Kit:
This is analysis by Heritage DNA Kit is a great choice for the consumer who doesn't mind waiting. It can take up to four weeks for you to get your results, but the company passes a lot of things down to you for your patients, it provides a labeled mailing envelope and a high standard of privacy.
4. DNA Consultants Premium Male:
it gives detailed information about their paternal history by examining the white chromosome, it will also give you some background on your surnames origin and meaning, unfortunately, of course, it won't work for women.
5. Vitagene Ancestry:
It gives personalized information about how your body responds to exercise and nutrition. It will help you make informed decisions about your health, this one is good for chronic disease sufferers.
6. Rapid DNA Testing Paternity Kit:
With all the lab fees included in the purchase of the kit, and a guaranteed turnaround time of 2 business days after the company receives your sample, the rapid DNA testing paternity kit is a fast and reliable way to determine the father of a child, the testing is run through twice for accuracy, and sample collection is free, you get notification by text or email.
7. AncestryDNA Kit:
This kit gives you not only an ethnicity breakdown but also connect you with any people in their database that share your genes, both maternal and paternal lines are represented.
8. 23AndMe Health + Ancestry Service:
in addition to learning about where your forebears come from, you'll also discover what makes your body tick today, you get a massive amount of data and access to a medical risk report.
Ancestrydna Activate Troubleshooting
If you face any problems at Ancestrydna activation process like: Can’t find activation code, Sent in a kit without activating it and threw away the activation code, Activation code doesn’t work, Lost plastic bag etc. then you can directly contact to the Ancestrydna support team. The Ancestrydna Support Team is available 24*7 to help customers.